The Primitive Methodist Chapel, Martin
- Ken Woodvine
- The Primitive Methodist Chapel, Martin
On 30th November 1828 a certificate was given for a dwelling house in the occupation of Ann Hersey and William Flemington, Primitive Methodists, to be used for worship. It also named William Flemington, Cornelius Flemington, William Harries, George Burges, James Janes, John Hort, William Paddison, William Hughes, John Randell and William Ranger, inhabitants of Martin.
On 21st September 1839 a chapel and premises in the holding and occupation of William Larkam, William Flemington and Robert Bailey was registered for Primitive Methodist worship.
The Primitive Methodist Chapel was demolished in 1999 and a new home, 'Chapel House' now stands on the site.